Construction companies with experience in federal construction continue to build, maintain, and renovate America’s federal and military properties. From upgrading military buildings to conform with antiterrorism standards, to cleaning up and recycling hurricane debris and helping protect threatened wildlife worldwide, there have been a variety of exciting projects in this space recently.
New Jersey Beach Project
In an effort to improve resiliency and reduce coastal storm risk to the shoreline, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New York District recently began the world’s biggest beach-fill project on the shore in Deal, New Jersey. The project will also provide habitat for various rare, threatened and endangered wildlife.
Boston Harbor Navigation Improvement Project
The multi-million dollar project will deepen the Broad South North Entrance Channel to 51 feet; the President’s Roads, the outer Main Ship and the Lower Reserved channels to 47 feet; the Main Ship Channel between the Reserved Channel and Massport Marine terminal to 45 feet; and the Chelsea River and a small portion of the Mystic River Channel to 40 feet. The project will help the larger vessels navigate in and out of the harbor.
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
The site for this $1.7 billion construction project in St. Louis is still being prepared. The project will employ thousands of contractors and other building professionals. The three finalists for the project are:
- A joint venture of Clark Construction Group, based in the Washington area, and JE Dunn Construction, based in Kansas City. St. Louis architecture firm HOK is the lead design firm on the team.
- A joint venture of Rock Hill-based McCarthy Building Companies and HITT Contracting, based in the Washington area. Engineering and construction firm Fluor, based in the Dallas area; San Francisco-based architecture firm Gensler; and Kansas City-based engineering firm Black & Veatch are also part of the team.
- A joint venture of Overland-based Alberici Constructors and Minneapolis-based Mortenson. That team is made up of several other companies, including St. Louis-based Corrigan Company and Civil Design, also of St. Louis.
North Carolina Military Installations
The 2019 defense budget that was recently released includes more than $315 million in new construction for military installations in North Carolina. Some of the projects highlighted include:
- Fort Bragg – Construction of a new dining facility and two projects for special operations forces. A survival, evasion, resistance and escape training laboratory complex that would cost about $20.2 million.
- Marine Corps Air Station New River – Replacement of an ambulatory care center and dental clinic.
- Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point – $133.9 million for a two-story aircraft maintenance hangar.
Experience in federal construction and military construction can set construction companies apart from the competition. Construction companies with this unique experience continue to build, maintain, and renovate federal and military properties across the country.
Are you ready to build your dream team?
The Birmingham Group is a tenured construction recruiting firm dedicated to helping you build your dream team. If you are ready to take a proactive approach to recruiting and retention, reach out today to discuss a custom recruitment strategy.